Timeless blog posts and articles. I found myself sharing these links over and over again, so I decided to put them here.
Questions on software development and organization of team work.
- Ship / Show / Ask. A modern branching strategy on how to relax code review process without sacrificing quality.
- Frequency reduces difficulty on why you need to deploy more often if the deployment is painful.
- The Null Process on how the fear of introducing unnecessary processes can hurt your team.
Practical software architecture
Architecture solutions for real-world problems.
- You should separate your billing from entitlements
- Design your pricing and tools so you can adapt them later
- Events are better than webhooks and Give me /events, not webhooks.
- Cosmic Python. The book on architecture of Python applications.
- The Wrong Abstraction, the 2016 blog post of Sandi Metz on why you should avoid premature abstractions.
Refactoring techniques and approaches
- Do things that don’t scale, a 2013 essay by Paul Graham on why, counterintuitively, you should do things that don’t scale when you just start.